I started this page up, as I was so tired of trying to post pics in multiple forums and trying to keep up with what I was doing . My current hobby is assembling electronic projects. It's not really electronics as such, as I don't design or develop projects. I search and read other peoples sites and get great ideas and projects to complete.
I learn enough to get by. I am too busy to go back and start all over again with the theory side of things. Maybe through all this I'll start picking things up again.
So you will NOT see or read a great deal of high tech information on here. I will from time to time post links to related information that I have found, or great sites I've come across. I don't want to spend my time repeating other peoples work, especially as they know a heck of a lot more than I ever will.
I will be back from time to time adding bits and pieces....
This is actually a confusing site to use, so start off at the December page and then work through the months in order, as I only get time to do a little work at a time, I will not be pasting huge volumes of work up every week. Also you will note that sometimes photos are larger on some pages, this is due to limitations of the site. If I post big pictures, it limits the amount I can put up. So if I feel a picture may be quite important or contain some detail, I'll publish a large one, but otherwise they will all be small or medium sized ones. If you would like some information regarding the build or something I have done or used in the construction, just leave a message here and I'll try to answer it.
So it begins: Construction
I will never do this again as it is very time consuming and very difficult to get everything lined up. And without proper tools there is always mistakes.
The brackets were measured and cut and drilled.
Then came the sanding......and sanding.........and more sanding.
This was along job and was not done to look all lovely and shiny. It was done to get good heat transfer from the plates to the H/S.
The next section would involve putting the sides on to the front panel and the top and bottom sections. But I did a quick mock up to check that everything would sort of fit together. And that my idea would actually look O.K.
After completing the H/S I started sanding the front plate. This turned out to measure 270mm H x 430mmW x 60mm D. The one good thing about using this wood as the font panel is that it would be easy to attach the two sides.
Everything seemed to be O.k. Had to check that they all lined up and where square. After speaking with someone at diyaudio, it was suggested that I put a small gap between the H/S and the front plate to reduce the risk of the H.S's heating the varnish up too much and making it flake off. So I placed some washes between the two.
So here are the the two sides attached.