I had some free time today so I cut the cap block in two and sanded it. I didn't go crazy with the sanding, just enough to clean them up. I had some clear varnish in the garage so I wacked two coats on. And yes I skinned the caps, as they were a very tight fit I would have ended up sanding the inside of the holes. This way they fit snug without being too tight.
They should do the trick. I didn't want to get too carried away with them.
I haven't worked out exactly where they'll go yet. Like I said before, nothing is truly planned for. But i will need enough space for four bridge rectifiers and a heat sink.
I hope I don't run out of space................................;)